July 7, 2020
Welcome to our first blog post! In the future, you can come here to gain insight into various dental treatments and get advice on things you can do to protect your oral and overall health. For now, however, we thought you might like to learn a little bit about our practice and your periodontist in Mayfield Heights, Dr. Jonathan Ross.
Meet Dr. Ross
Dr. Ross had a career in finance before he attended dental school. His passion for periodontics was ignited when his dentist took him to the Chicago Midwinter dental meeting. At that meeting, he learned about bone regeneration, dental implants, and periodontal plastic surgery. In the years since then, he has committed himself to becoming a leader in the field of periodontics. He does so with the aid of state-of-the-art technology and frequent continuing education.
Here is a quick overview of some of his credentials:
- Earned his dental degree from Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine
- Completed his specialty periodontics training at Medical University of South Carolina
- Board-certified in periodontics by the American Board of Periodontology
- Member of the Seattle Study Club, American Dental Association, and other prestigious organizations
When Dr. Ross is not helping patients’ smiles reach their full potential, he enjoys being active in the great outdoors. Camping and hiking are some of his favorite things to do.
Technology and Services
There are a lot of practices throughout the Midwest that offer dental implants, but no one does it quite like Dr. Ross. He has invested in a Yomi Robot. This remarkable machine aids in the precise placement of dental implants, which minimizes trauma to the surrounding tissue, speeds up recovery time, and makes the entire dental implant process more efficient.
Dental implant placement and restoration are just two of the many services that Dr. Ross provides. He is also proud to offer:
- Advanced dental implant procedures. Ridge preservation, bone grafts, and tooth extractions are all often part of the dental implant process.
- Periodontal therapy. Dr. Ross uses the least invasive form of treatment possible to help patients recover from gum disease. This sometimes involves the use of a laser that kills harmful bacteria beneath the gumline and promotes healing.
- Sedation. Dr. Ross offers three types of sedation, including nitrous oxide, oral conscious sedation, and IV sedation.
- Cosmetic gum procedures. Do your teeth look too long or too short due to the positioning of your gum tissue? Is your gumline uneven? Our practice can address all of those issues.
Our Philosophy on Treatment
Dr. Ross is passionate about technology and continuing education. However, neither he nor our team ever forgets the human element. When you entrust us to care for your smile, you can expect friendly, courteous, and fair treatment at every step along the way. We also don’t want you to stress about paying for your procedures, so we are an insurance-friendly practice. Financing is also an option for most patients.
The crew at Ross Periodontics looks forward to meeting you. Contact us at 440-461-6008 (Mayfield Heights) or 440-946-6667 (Willoughby) to learn more about our practice and our services. We can’t wait to serve you!
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.