Virtual Smile Consultation – Mayfield Heights, OH
The First Step Towards Improving Your Smile
Are you looking for an easy way to find out whether you need a tooth repaired or replaced? Or are you hoping to narrow down the type of cosmetic dentistry procedure you need? Dr. Ross can examine your teeth and give you some key recommendations for improving or protecting your smile – and all without you needing to leave your house! If you’re interested in a virtual smile consultation, keep reading and follow the instructions below to get started.
Take 3 Photos of Your Mouth
Your smile is unique, so the first thing we need to do is get a clear idea of what we’re working with. That means we’ll need you to provide a number of photos of your teeth. To take the best pictures possible, brush thoroughly before finding a well-lit room. After you take each picture, make sure they’re clear and focused; retake them if necessary. We’ll need three kinds of photos to ensure that we have enough information.
Front of Mouth
Taking this picture should be easy; you’ll simply smile as you would for a regular photo. Make sure your teeth are centered in the image and that we can see the surface of the upper and lower arches.
Open Mouth Up
Open your mouth as wide as you can and take the picture from below. The purpose of this image is to help us see the contour of the teeth in your upper jaw.
Open Mouth Down
This photo serves a similar purpose to the previous one, but obviously it is different as it is meant to specifically show the lower teeth.
Describe Your Dental Concerns
It’s not enough just to see your teeth; we also need a clear idea of what is bothering you. Maybe there’s an eye-catching chip or crack that has been distracting you whenever you look in the mirror. Or perhaps you’re considering a whitening procedure or veneers in order to brighten your smile. Letting us know what your goals or concerns helps us know what we’re looking for as well as what kind of treatments we might need to suggest. Please answer the following questions in your email to Dr. Ross:
- What do you like about your smile?
- What don't you like about your smile?
- Are you experiencing any pain?
- Is there anything in particular that you want Dr. Ross to address?
Email Dr. Jonathan Ross
- Once you have all of the necessary photos and have written out your concerns as best as you can, simply email them to Dr. Ross: email@example.com.
- All of the photos should be separate attachments for our convenience.
- Please write "Virtual Consult" in the subject line.
- It normally takes no more than a week for us to evaluate the images; once we’ve drawn our conclusions, we’ll send you a response that outlines our ideas for treatment.
- A proper plan can be developed once you’ve come in for a full examination.